Facilities - Recreational Facilites and Equipment
Cary Camp has a wide variety of recretional facilities, suitable for people of all ages. These include:
- A swimming pool, including a showerhouse with separate areas for men, women, and boys.
- A rifle range (.22 long maximum), a BB-gun range, and an archery range. These can be rented with or without equipment.
- A bouldering wall - a horizontal wall studded with grips and handholds, so that younger boys can practice the skills of mountain climbing while staying close to the ground.
"Mount Puff", our 22-foot inflatable climbing mountain, for older boys.
- A basketball court.
- A "human foosball" court. You know the tabletop game with the little plastic soccer players on rods? We do that with people! (Although we don't run rods through them.)
- A sports field, which can be set up for various games, or can be used for an obstacle course. There is also an obstacle course in the woods by the field.
- Miles of hiking trails - in the woods, around the fields, and along the creek.
- Canoes (with lifejackets and paddles), and a trailer to haul them if need be.
All of these facilities are available for rental, as well as being used for scout summer camps. To rent one, submit a Scout Usage Form (for Boy Scout groups) or a Non-Scout Usage Form (for others) to the Council Service Center. Non-Scout groups must also submit a Hold-Harmless Agreement and show proof of liability insurance. These forms are available on the Permits & Forms page.